Your Rights and Responsibilities
As a patient, we expect you to:
- Please let us know as soon as possible if you change your address, telephone number or name by completing our online Change Personal Details triage.
- Please do everything you can to keep appointments and arrive on time. Tell us as soon as possible if you need to cancel an appointment, using our Cancel and Appointment triage, so that it can be given to somebody else.
- Please ask for a home visit only when the person is too ill to visit the surgery, and wherever possible request this before 10:30 each day, Monday to Friday.
- Should you wish to leave a message for your doctor, this can be done by using our online Contact the Practice form. This saves you, and the doctor, an appointment. We would be grateful for you to avoid telephoning for non-urgent matters when the lines are busiest before 10:30 each day, Monday to Friday.
- Please re-order drugs in good time before your supply runs out. You can request medication online using our Repeat Prescription Request triage.
- Hundreds of tests are performed every week. Please accept responsibility to contact us for the results. Having received your results you should only make an appointment if the doctor advises you to do so.
- If you still feel you need to see a doctor to discuss details of Hospital consultations or tests, please check that your doctor has received the reports before you make an appointment. You can request your test results online using our Test Results Requests triage.
- Remember that you are responsible for your own health so please do your best to follow our advice.
- Please extend the same courtesy and politeness to us as you would expect to receive.